Tencent Games have announced a new Transformers game at ChinaJoy 2016 and you might be mistaken for thinking this is Overwatch with giant transforming vehicles. The UI, aesthetic and colour palette all bear a resemblance to the hugely popular team-based shooter made by Blizzard.
The official website for the game is live and it’s hard to deny that it does actually look rather cool. There’s plenty of information to be found on the official website. In particular, the similarities with Overwatch can be seen in the screenshot below.
- 1. Small map: You can observe their own position and the position of the enemy position teammates Perspective shared.
- 2. Combat Information: Displays the score, fighting time remaining.
- 3. Status: their current shield, blood, energy information.
- 4. Special skills: special skills of state and shortcuts.
- 5. Combat Operation: Displays status sprint ability, deformation shortcuts, remote / melee state switching shortcuts.
- 6. Weapons: Displays the current weapons and ammunition used.
As one an see, it bears a striking resemblance to Overwatch.
Video game analyst and part-time comedian ZhugeEX shared more details via Twitter.
It's an officially licensed game btw. Uses Unreal Engine 4. FPS.
Looks pretty cool. pic.twitter.com/nZxwNbH1Vo
— Daniel Ahmad (@ZhugeEX) July 31, 2016