Sony announced this past week that Driveclub VR will in fact launch later this year as a PlayStation VR exclusive game. Now we have our first look at a gameplay video thanks to PlayStation Access. In the video you can see how the PlayStation VR really helps to immerse players in the game more than ever before. It’s pretty awesome so check that out here:
Driveclub VR will include the following features:
- Game modes: Online virtual reality multiplayer race modes and an action-packed single player career are joined by drifting and time trial challenges.
- Tracks: New and classic Driveclub tracks are brought to life through the power of PlayStation VR, including five all-new Urban locations.
- A closer look: More than 80 cars are recreated with immaculate detail for players to explore up close with Inspection Mode.
- Cruise control: A little time to kick back, open the throttle or just coast and explore any track, in any country at your leisure in Cruise Mode.
- Virtual passenger: An immersive thrill ride through exciting replays of hot laps as players watch themselves handle their greatest challenges from a unique viewpoint in Passenger Mode.
Driveclub VR is looking great in my opinion and I really feel like racing games are one of the genres that can really get a lot out of VR. I’m sure in the future you’ll see more games follow in Driveclub’s footsteps. I can’t wait to play it on the PlayStation VR later this year. Tell us in the comments what you think of Driveclub VR.