4 days ago on the the Nintendo NX reddit some information was leaked about the new and upcoming game console. This information may or may not be true but we will have to wait and see what Nintendo’s response is to these leaks. A whole bunch of information was leaked from marketing information to packaging to features and specs. As of right now we don’t know if these leaks are true and whether Nintendo will confirm these leaks as true, we will have to wait and see. Here is the information that was posted in the reddit leak.
- “Interact with your game on the go.” phrase seen on a poster.
- Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
- Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
- Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
- Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99
- The NX is currently set to have a bundle option.
- The contents of this bundle is currently unknown.
- Bundle price is currently sitting at $399.99
- The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U’s packaging.
- The packaging is relatively clean and simple and is similar to the Wii U in terms of package design.
- The color scheme for the packaging is white and blue (compared to the Wii U’s blue and black).
- The packaging still says “NX” however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.
- The areas of the packaging that would usually depict the hardware were blurred and redacted by Nintendo in attempt to keep it hidden.
Features and Specs
- Games will be on cartridges –
Information from another source leads us to believe that these will be about the size of a Compact Flash cards and will be in 32GB and 64GB variants. Even though this may seem low, the system reportedly contains a dedicated processor just for decompressing the card data. Best case scenario is ~100GB compressed into a 64GB cartridge, however real world usage pegs it at closer to ~85GB on a 64GB cartridge. Level based games and games with load screens will compress better than open-world style games.Edit: This secondary source (who had not yet completed verification) has been busted.
- 4k streaming has been mentioned. – What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
- 1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I’ve heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.
Do you believe these rumors? let us know your thoughts down in the comments below!