Announced at PSX 2016, PaRappa the Rapper Remastered finally has a release date in Japan. The game will launch on PS4 both physically and digitally via the PlayStation Store on April 20 for 1,800 yen. If you purchase the digital copy early you’ll get six original PlayStation Network avatars.
In addition both LocoRoco and Patapon will also be launching later in 2017 in both physical and digital formats. You can see the boxart for PaRappa, LocoRoco and Patapon below under this description for PaRappa the Rapper Remastered.
Iconic, character-based music and hip-hop game, PaRappa The Rapper comes to a whole new generation of gamers with PlayStation 4 in PaRappa The Rapper Remastered. Developed in association with legendary multimedia musician Masaya Matsuura and famed New York artist Rodney Greenblat, the PaRappa The Rapper franchise debuted 20 years ago on PlayStation and is widely credited with establishing the music and rhythm game genre that continues to thrive today. PaRappa The Rapper Remastered updates the classic game with high res graphics providing smoother lines and textures, CD-quality sound, trophy support and new control features!
Follow PaRappa as he attempts to rap his way into the heart of his dreamy love interest, Sunny Funny, through various musical adventures revitalized with enhanced graphics for today’s high definition televisions.
- Fresh Graphics for Today’s Gamer – Powered by PS4, PaRappa and his friends come to life as never seen before with cleaned up graphics, reformatted for 16:9 televisions and rendered in 4K and 1080p.
- CD quality soundtrack – Players will bob their heads along with a soundtrack that has been digitally remastered for uncompressed audio.
- Unique Visual Style – stylish flattened animation technique combines fun and vibrant characters and a humorous storyline.
- Rhythm-based Gameplay – master the addictive rhythm, timing, and coordination-based gameplay
- New control schemes take advantage of DualShock 4 features
- “Feel the Beat”– The DualShock 4 wireless controller provides a steady metronome for each song to help the player ‘feel’ when they need PaRappa to rap in response to each character.
- “See the Beat” – The player icon enlarges when a player presses any button during a song to help give visual feedback while they’re playing.