This morning Nintendo put out its earnings release for the six months ended September 30, 2017 giving us new data on how the Nintendo Switch and the software for it is selling. Nintendo sold 2.9 million Switch’s bringing the Worldwide total to 7.63 million now. 13.98 million pieces of software were also sold bringing the worldwide total to 27.48 million.
The Nintendo 3DS meanwhile sold 1.91 million in the second quarter bringing the worldwide total to 68.98 million. 7.97 million units of software were sold for it bringing the worldwide total to 343.07 million.
As far as specific games go Nintendo released new numbers for the top five selling games on both the Switch and the 3DS which you can see below.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 4.70 million
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 4.42 million
- Splatoon 2 – 3.61 million
- 1-2-Switch – 1.37 million
- Arms – 1.35 million
- Pokemon X / Pokemon Y – 16.20 million
- Mario Kart 7 – 15.95 million
- Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon – 15.91 million
- Pokemon Omega Ruby / Pokemon Alpha Sapphire – 13.85 million
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 11.73 million
Finally in regards to the Nintendo SNES Classic Edition it was announced that Nintendo shipped 1.7 million units as of September 30th. Since the mini-console launched right at the end of September that was basically the day 1 units that they shipped which is really great.
Nintendo now expects to sell 14 million Nintendo Switch consoles by March 2018 and 50 million pieces of software for the Switch.