Today on Inside Xbox Sean Murray joined the show to reveal that No Man’s Sky is launching on Xbox One on July 24. Not only that but the No Man’s Sky NEXT update will hit all platforms that same day and will bring the long awaited multiplayer mode to the game.
“Multiplayer completely changes the No Man’s Sky experience, it’s emergent, fun and intense in ways we always wanted it to be. I’m so happy this is finally happening” said Sean Murray, founder of Hello Games. “It is genuinely exciting to be able to fully realise the potential so many people could see in No Man’s Sky. This will be our biggest update yet and we’re pumped to be bringing Xbox players along on the journey with us now too.”
With this launch, players across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam on PC will be able to explore, fight and survive with friends online as they voyage across the vast, procedurally-generated sandbox universe in multiplayer.
• Explore the infinite universe with your friends, or bump into random travelers.
• As you voyage together, friends will help you stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
• Build bases from tiny shelters to complex colonies that you create as a team and can be seen by the community.
• Be a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and foes
• Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, create tracks to share online
No Man’s Sky will also be enhanced for the Xbox One X with 4K and HDR support. Be sure to let us know in the comments if you’re excited for No Man’s Sky on Xbox One or the Multiplayer mode.