During the Xbox E3 2018 Event, Bandai Namco revealed that Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is launching this Winter on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
This game released back on the Xbox 360 here in North America but this version includes content that had never been available outside of Japan before. Read more about the game below.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition includes upscaled screen resolution, new characters, events, and additional content never released outside of Japan. This updated version of the RPG classic will be released this winter.
Follow Yuri Lowell, a resident in the Lower Quarter of Zaphias and former Imperial Knight, as he accepts a mission to retrieve a stolen Blastia Core used to regulate his neighborhood’s water supply. This simple mission spins into a series of events that finds Yuri befriending a colorful cast of characters, traveling to exotic locations, and being pushed into the middle of a nefarious plot that threatens the destruction of the entire planet.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition features two new fully playable party members for North America; Patty Fleur, a young pirate searching for her lost memories, as well as Yuri’s rival and best friend, Flynn Scifo. Along with these two new playable characters,Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition will include additional scenarios, locations, and costumes that will be all-new for Western players.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition uses a specialized version of the Tales of series’ Linear Motion Battle System for combat. Players control a single party member in real-time combat while the other three party members are controlled by a customized set of A.I. commands. Players can swap between the four characters at any time during battles and can perform both physical and Mystic Artes attacks.
- A Beloved Tale Returns — The tale of a young hero on a quest for justice that captivated Tales fans returns to Xbox and makes its way for the first time to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam!
- Everything in One Edition! — Dive into the definitive version of this game with updated full HD graphics, brand-new music tracks, exciting mini-games, bosses, and a collection of unreleased costume DLC!
- The Party Grows Stronger! — Yuri sets sail on his adventure with Estelle, a young noble woman; Karol; a boy in pursuit of a guild to call his own; Rita, an eccentric scholar; Raven, a laid-back archer; Judith, a mysterious dragoon; and Repede, a pipe-smoking dog… and now two more playable characters join the fray!
- Patty Fleur, a cheerful and tough young pirate girl in search of treasure, adventure… and her forgotten memories.
- Flynn Scifo, Yuri’s best friend and an Imperial Knight, now joins the rest on their journey!
- Fight with Flair! — Assemble your favorite team and enjoy exciting real-time battles with all new Mystic Artes and skills!