Gaming may be fun, but the toil it can take on your body certainly isn’t. Sitting for long periods of time playing Fortnite or Call of Duty can leave your neck stiff, your back aching, and your limbs sore.
While there’s no substitute for taking regular breaks, a good ergonomic gaming chair can go a long way to keeping you in good shape after a 8 hour gaming marathon.
In this post I’m going to review the Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair, a budget gaming chair that costs less than $100. That’s an incredible price point for any chair, let alone an ergonomic gaming chair. My first impressions after testing out this chair in a nutshell- well worth the price and then some.
Overview of the Devoko Brand and Gaming Chair
Devoko is a leading supplier of furniture products in America, and they’ve brought out a chair with a racy look to it with the Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair. It is available in two trendy color combinations – white and black as well as red and black, with these colors extending down to the pedestal base of the chair.
Even though the Devoko can’t boast loads of features, it is sturdy, adjustable and of great quality. Best of all is the price- less than $100.
Top Features of the Devoko:
- Curved high back chair which is height adjustable. The extra-tall backrest makes the chair suitable for tall users. The high back and headrest protect your spine and neck. Hardcore gaming can take its toll on your back, with lower back pain being a problem for gamers. Becoming totally absorbed in a game and slouching forward can cause aches and pains, weakness in the legs and restricted movement just from your bad posture. An ergonomic chair with its lumbar support encourages good posture.
- The chair can be reclined to a sleeping position.
- Thick padding on seat and back ensures supreme comfort.
- Freely adjustable lumbar support and headrest pillow. It’s natural to want to slouch forward, but this unfortunately pushes the lower back out, straining the structures in the lower back. With a good ergonomic gaming chair, good lumbar back support is flush against the small of the back. Your shoulder and pelvis are kept in alignment and the natural curvature of the lower spine is also maintained.
- Easy lock-tilt adjustment with recline angle adjuster to get the chair precisely the way you want it. You can adjust the chair to any angle.
- Seating area dimension – 19.8″ (L) x20.5″ (W).
- Backrest dimension is 19.8″ (W) x 30.5″ (D).
- Adjustable seat height: 16.1″-20″ allowing people of different sizes to use the chair.
- Load capacity is 300 pounds.
- 5 star heavy duty base with smooth-rolling casters that won’t scratch floors.
- 360° swivel rotation allows gamers to twist and turn in the chair while it moves with them. The swivel movement allows the gamer to access all portions of a desk for instance without having to move the chair
- The metal frame chair is covered in breathable PU leather. This is an artificial leather material made with split leather and coated with polyurethane before being applied. It is very difficult to tell the difference between PU leather and genuine leather. The leather is comfortable and durable too and gives the chair a look of quality that you won’t find with other faux leather materials.
- The chair comes packaged with chair, installation tool and instructions.
Within 30 days: Free replacement or refund if you’re not satisfied with the product.
Within 6 months: Free replacement for defective parts.
After giving this chair a test drive, here are my list of pros and cons for the Devoko Chair:
- A budget-friendly chair which is comfortable and sturdy.
- Extra tall backrest.
- 30 days warranty as well as 6 months replacement for any defective part.
- Quiet wheels. The wheels are coated with a high quality PU mute rolling material. You can haul the chair around in silence and the wheels won’t scratch your floors.
- Easy assembly with assembly-tool being included in the box.
- It’s racy design won’t allow it to blend into an executive office environment.
- The armrests aren’t adjustable. But having said that, the arm rests have been designed for ergonomics to ensure that your arms are comfortably rested during gaming sessions.
When you do research on a gaming chair, you want to see what those who have already bought the chair are saying. The average rating of the chair on Amazon is a stellar 4.5 stars out of 5 stars. It has also received praise from independent reviewers:
This attractive-looking ergonomic gaming chair from Devoko is going to keep you pain free and comfortable for long gaming sessions. I still can’t believe it only costs $100 – a real value-for-money chair.