We’ve been waiting to hear more about the MediEvil revival for PlayStation 4 ever since it was announced at PSX 2017 last December and tonight we finally got some new details.
Speaking on the latest episode of the Official PlayStation Blogcast, Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios chairman Shawn Layden delivered some new details I have listed out below including the fact that the game isn’t just a remaster but a full on remake of the original PS One game.
- Game is a Full Remake of the original PS One title, not the PSP port
- Some members of the original Guerilla Cambridge team are helping work on it
- Based on original designs and art
- Working with Other Ocean Interactive on the game
- Trailer coming on October 31
That’s right we don’t have to wait much longer to see more as we will get a brand new trailer for the game on Halloween next week. I’m also very excited to hear it’s not based on the PSP port as that version was worse than the original and there was some worry there as the PS4 port of PaRappa the Rapper was based on the PSP port.
Let us know in the comments if you’re excited for the MediEvil Remake.