UK Weekly Sales Charts: Mario Hits the Goalpost 1st Again, Ace Combat 7 Breaks Franchise Record

mario

The weekly retail sales charts for the UK region are in and January is starting to heat up for new releases. The No.1 game this week was once again New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe for the second straight week despite seeing a 43% drop in sales.

The brand new release for the week was Bandai Namco’s Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown which placed at No.2 for the week. It was the biggest UK launch for the franchise yet which started back in 1995. Most of the copies were sold on the PlayStation 4 with 76% of all copies. The remaining 24% were sold on Xbox One. Also if you have a PlayStation VR the game is compatible with it.

The rest of the top 10 is the usual big hitters we’ve seen fill the charts lately with FIFA 19, Red Dead Redemption 2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and more. We should start seeing more new games soon though as games such as Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Metro Exodus, and more are on their way soon. Read below for the full top 10 list for the week.

UK Weekly Retail Sales Charts: Week Ending January 19th:

  1. New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
  2. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  5. FIFA 19
  6. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy
  10. Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Justin Oneil
One of Head Writers and PR here on ThisGenGaming.com. I've been playing games for over 20 years now and play everything from AAA blockbusters to Indie games. You can find me on all the current consoles and on my twitter account.
About the author

Justin Oneil

One of Head Writers and PR here on ThisGenGaming.com. I've been playing games for over 20 years now and play everything from AAA blockbusters to Indie games. You can find me on all the current consoles and on my twitter account.