Nintendo has released its latest earnings release and it contains some huge numbers for both Nintendo hardware and software.
The Nintendo Switch has now sold 32.27 million units to consumers worldwide as of December 31, 2018. In the last three months of 2018, thy sold 9.41 million units and 52.51 million pieces of software worldwide.
While the Switch numbers are good, Nintendo has lowered their 20 million unit forecast down to 17 million. Nintendo also provided lifetime sales for a bunch of their first party titles and one of the most impressive is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which has sold over 12 million units now in just around two months. In total 163.61 million pieces of software have been sold worldwide on the Nintendo Switch. You can see the rest of the figures below.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 13.76 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 12.08 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 11.68 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 10.00 million
- Splatoon 2 – 8.27 million
- Super Mario Party – 5.30 million
- 1-2 Switch – 2.86 million
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.53 million
- Kirby: Star allies – 2.42 million