R8 Games has announced that their early access game known as Formula Fusion is being renamed to Pacer and will be officially launching on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC later in 2019.
Pacer is a futuristic, anti-gravity combat racing game and R8 Games has provided more details on what players can look forward to in the full release. Check them out below.
Pacer is a moniker designed to reflect the sheer speed conveyed by its 4K-enabled, 60 frames-per-second gameplay, and one that celebrates its ambitious efforts to bring the anti-gravity racing genre still rooted in its retro past hurtling into the 21st century.
Pacer is a pulse-raising future generation anti-gravity racer that mixes high octane speed with fully-customizable craft, allowing players to tweak until they’ve outfitted the perfect winning killing machine to complement their skills.
“This change in gear really does mark the next stage in Pacer’s progress,” offers Steve Iles, Senior Producer. “The game has changed significantly with a ground up re-coding of the core gameplay systems and inclusion of a wealth of new content. We’ve got some big plans for 2019 and we felt that we needed to reflect that with a name that more accurately captured the spirit of the game.”
Iles added, “For gamers who have been on board ever since we first announced the original game in 2015, this evolution is representative of our ambition to deliver more of what they love. Pacer is the realization of our original vision, but bigger and bolder.”
At launch, Pacer will bring 14 different tracks and five customizable craft to the table, building upon R8 Games’ goal of both recapturing and expanding upon the spirit of the anti-gravity racers that made their mark in the 1990s. Likewise, play will also feature a stellar soundtrack that will immerse the player in both original and licensed tracks from CoLD SToRAGE, Dub FX and many more.
- Unique Storm Mode for single player and multiplayer: Life or death in a contracting field of play; the first ever Battle Royale arcade racer.
- Spectator Mode: Follow any pilot with Chase, Nose, Orbit, or Environment cameras while displaying all race stats.
- Highly customizable: Craft, weapons, and cosmetics can all be personalized.
- Replay Mode: Capture and share amazing action clips and stills.
- Online Ranked Mode: Find out how your piloting skills rate against the best in the world.
- Online Tournament / Spectator Mode: Allows easy streaming and encourages fun events at all levels.
- Campaign: Unlock team skins, as well as more challenging tracks and speed classes.
- Designers Republic partnership: Graphic designs that influenced a generation in games and music.
- OST and SFX: Created by Tim Wright, aka CoLD SToRAGE.
- In-game VOIP: Easy and fun in-game chat.
- Hosted servers: To level the online playing field and minimize the possibility of cheating.