Publisher Crunching Koalas and developer Acid Wizard Studio have announced that their survival horror game Darkwood is finally coming to consoles later this month.
The game will launch first on PlayStation 4 on May 14, on the Nintendo Switch on May 16, and on the Xbox One on May 17. The game originally launched on PC back in 2017 where it got a lot of praise. Check out the trailer and read more about Darkwood below.
Darkwood provides a new perspective on survival horror.
Scavenge and explore the rich, ever-changing free-roam world by day, then hunker down in your hideout and pray for the morning light.
- Survival horror from a top-down perspective that is terrifying to play.
- No hand holding or quest markers. Test your skills and figure things out on your own!
- By day explore the randomly generated, ever-sinister woods, scavenge for materials, craft weapons and discover new secrets.
- By night find shelter, barricade, set up traps and hide or defend yourself from the horrors that lurk in the dark.
- Gain skills and perks by extracting a strange essence from mutated fauna and flora and injecting it into your bloodstream. Watch out for unexpected consequences…
- Make decisions that impact the world of Darkwood, its inhabitants and the story you experience.
- Meet eerie characters, learn their stories and decide their fate. And remember – don’t trust anyone.
- As nights go by, the lines between reality and nightmarish fantasies begin to blur. Are you ready to step into Darkwood?