THQ Nordic announced that they would be announcing three new games over the next three days and the first is SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated.
This remaster is being handled by Purple Lamp Studios and is headed to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, NIntendo Switch, and PC. This version will have a brand new multiplayer mode as well as some content that was cut from the original release. Check out the trailer for the game below.
Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots with your mighty bubbles? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn’t you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!
- Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and use their unique sets of skills.
- Thwart Plankton’s evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots.
- Meet countless characters from the beloved series.
- Faithful remake of one of the best SpongeBob games ever created.
- High-end visuals, modern resolutions and carefully polished gameplay.
- Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and splitscreen.
- Restored content that was cut from the original game like the Robo Squidward boss fight and more.