Square Enix announced tonight during their E3 2019 Press Conference that Final Fantasy VIII Remastered is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC in 2019.
Much like the Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX ports, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered will feature some new features that you can read about below.
- Battle Reinforcement: Keeps HP and ATB at maximum, allowing special skills to be activated at any time.
- No Encounters: Turn on / off battle encounters.
- Triple Speed: All scenes advance at three times the speed (excluding movies).
These next features are exclusive to the PC version.
- Obtain All Items: Obtain all items, excluding some items.
- Obtain All Abilities: Learn all obtainable G.F. abilities.
- G.F. Level MAX: Max out obtainable G.F. Level.
- Gil MAX: Max out Gil.
- Magic MAX: Max out obtainable magic stock.
- Obtain All Special Skills: Learn all special skills.
- Obtain All Cards: Obtain the maximum amount of cards, excluding rare cards.
You can read a bit more about the game below.
Coming in 2019, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered marks the 20th Anniversary of its original release with a new visual refresh and brings the game’s beloved story to modern platforms: Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. With overhauled visuals, see your favorite characters come to life like never before!