During the Nintendo E3 2019 Direct presentation today, Nintendo ran a sizzle reel trailer showing off many third-party games that are coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2019 and beyond.
Among the games in there we got the announcement that Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, Alien: Isolation, New Super Lucky’s Tale, and more are all headed to the Nintendo Switch. You can watch the sizzle reel trailer below and read about some of the titles announced during it.
New Super Lucky’s Tale – Fall 2019
New Super Lucky’s Tale is a vibrant 3D adventure platformer that follows Lucky, the ever optimistic and lovable hero, on a quest to find his inner strength and save the world.
A vibrant, 3D adventure platformer with roots in genre classics, upgraded with best-in-class mechanics, built by and for platforming fans.
- The adventure of a young fox who embarks on a journey through the unknown and becomes a hero.
- Features all new levels, redesigned original levels, tighter movement control, a fully rotatable camera, and improvements to nearly every other aspect, including art, lighting, cinematics, dialogue, UI, sound, music, and more.
- A true 3D adventure platformer with a range of worlds that are a blast to explore and play!
- Designed for all ages and skill levels.
- Meet a delightful and memorable cast of characters along the way!
The Sinking City – June 27 on PS4, Xbox One, PC. Fall 2019 on Nintendo Switch
The Sinking City is a game of investigation and mystery taking place in a supernatural world inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft. Step into the shoes of a 1920s private detective who finds himself in the city of Oakmont, Massachusetts. A city suffering from unprecedented floods of clearly supernatural origins and incomprehensible monsters roaming its streets. Can you survive this beleaguered town and untangle the mystic powers responsible for its tragic situation, or will you be driven beyond madness yourself?
- Experience the dark and twisted storyline and atmosphere, inspired by Father of modern horror, H.P. Lovecraft.
- Outrun the madness: your mind is fragile, haunted by horrible visions, and every glance at the incomprehensible may plunge you further into insanity
- Explore the unwelcoming city of Oakmont on foot or by boat and discover its numerous quests, secrets and dangers.
- Choose from an array of iconic weapons in fights against frightening monsters and some deranged citizens, but remember, ammunition is scarce and hard to find.
- There’s no hand-holding in the game, so use your intuition and wits to piece clues together, track down suspects and render justice.
Alien: Isolation – 2019 on Nintendo Switch
When she left Earth, Ellen Ripley promised her daughter Amanda she would return home for her 11th birthday. Amanda never saw her again. Fifteen years later, Amanda, now a Weyland-Yutani employee, hears that the flight recorder of her mother’s ship, the Nostromo, has been recovered at the remote trading station Sevastopol. When the crew arrive at Sevastopol, they find something is desperately wrong: it all seems to be connected to an unknown menace, stalking and killing deep in the shadows.
- Overcome an ever-present deadly threat – Experience persistent fear as a truly dynamic and reactive Alien uses its senses to hunt you down and respond to your every move.
- Improvise to survive – Hack systems, scavenge for vital resources and craft items to deal with each situation. Will you evade your enemies, distract them or face them head on?
- Explore a world of mystery and betrayal – Immerse yourself in the detailed setting of Sevastopol, a decommissioned trading station on the fringes of space. Encounter a rich cast of inhabitants in a world scarred by fear and mistrust.
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy – September 3 on Nintendo Switch and PC
The original roast master is back, and he’s on-the-go! Same sick burns, same smoldering attitude, now all scaled up in stunning HD. Spyro is bringing the heat like never before in the Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy game collection. Rekindle the fire with remastered versions of the original three games, Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Explore the expansive realms, re-encounter the fiery personalities and relive the adventure in fully remastered glory. Because when there’s a realm that needs saving, there’s only one dragon to call.
- Relive all your favorite moments from Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon on Nintendo for the first time, wherever you go!
- Play as Spyro, Hunter, Sheila, Agent 9 and more favorite characters from all the levels, mini games and side quests you know and love from the original Trilogy.
- Soar through more than 100 levels, faithfully in the spirit of the originals and now reimagined with lush environments and stunning new detail
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – November 2019 on Nintendo Switch
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 marks the return for the iconic sports-franchise crossover, exclusively on Nintendo Switch! Carrying the flag for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will be fan-favorite sports and iconic playable competitors, alongside four new Olympic events.
- Different Ways to Play*: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch with full motion control with Joy-Con controllers.
- Split-Screen and Online Fun**:Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 delivers multiplayer, both local split-screen and online, fun for all ages and groups.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: Choose from a star-studded Sega- and Nintendo-franchise athlete roster that includes Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Peach, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Yoshi, Tails, and more to be announced!
- Plus, New Events and More: Debut events including surfing, skateboarding, karate, and sport climbing will all be playable in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020; joining the classic event line-up of gymnastics, swimming, 110m hurdles, football, equestrian, and archery.
*Joy-con functionality does not extend to all events.
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition – September 27 on Nintendo Switch
The genre-defining RPG series levels up on Nintendo Switch.
Ready for a grand adventure filled with memorable characters, an enchanting story and RPG gameplay that can be taken on the go? The definitive version features the same sprawling content of the original Dragon Quest XI game, but with newly added character-specific stories, fully orchestrated field and battle music, and the ability to alternate not only between HD and retro-inspired 16-bit visuals, but also Japanese and English voice track.
- The latest RPG from the iconic Dragon Quest franchise brings perfectly balanced turn-based battles and an impressive scope of activities as you explore a massive, gorgeous world.
- Develop party members using the Character Builder.
- Buy gear using in-game currency, or construct your own.
- Side-quests and mini-games to try, monsters to ride.
- Start the game with Draconian Quest for a bigger challenge.
- Capture your favorite gameplay moments with Photo Mode.
- The Definitive Edition brings new features and experiences this acclaimed adventure.
- Ability to alternate between original and orchestrated music track, Japanese and English voice track, HD and retro-inspired visuals.
- Bonus characters stories.
- Follow the elaborate tale of The Luminary branded as “Darkspawn” and assemble a charismatic cast of loyal companions whose designs are inspired by the famed Akira Toriyama.