Publisher Bandai Namco and developer Supermassive Games have announced that when The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan launches next month it will include both local and online multiplayer support.
No you didn’t read that wrong, Man of Medan will let you partner up with a friend online in Shared Story Mode and play through the game together. It will also have Movie Night Mode where you can play locally with up to five players with one controller. You can read more about each of these modes below.
Shared Story Mode (Online)
- Share the story simultaneously with a friend in two-player online co-op.
- Both players explore the world, make choices and perform actions that affect the outcome of the story and the fate of their respective characters.
- Traverse scenes through a different perspective from the single-player experience—sometimes together, sometimes apart—in totally separate scenes revealing new information, locations and scares.
Movie Night Mode (Offline)
- Play locally in a group of up to five players with one controller, with each player taking charge of the movement, decisions and choices of one of the five main characters.
- Players can choose between saving themselves, or trying to keep their friends’ characters alive.
- At the end of each playthrough, actions and impacts will be judged – with achievements & rewards for each player.
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan releases on August 30 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.