Publisher Team17 and developer Playtonic Games have announced that Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair will arrive on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on October 8.
The game will be available both at retail and digitally for $29.99. Anyone who pre-orders the game will get access to the exclusive “Trowzer’s Top Tonic Pack” which includes four special tonics:
- Glow Worm tonic: Yooka and Laylee glow like… well, glow worms.
- D.I.S.C.O. tonic: Turn every level into a platforming party of Playtonic proportions
- Large Head tonic: This tonic gives Laylee a comically oversized head
- Yooka 64: A blast from the past Tonic for fans of all things retro.
You can watch the new trailer for the game below and read up more on the game.
Yooka and Laylee return for a platform hybrid adventure
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a brand-new platform adventure from some of the key creative talent behind Donkey Kong Country. With their arch-nemesis Capital B up to no good, the buddy duo needs to spring into action once again to save the day. To thwart his evil plan of using a “Hivemind” device to enslave an entire kingdom of bees, our heroes need to take the fight to Capital B’s “Impossible” Lair. Things look tough, but with the help of Queen Phoebee and her Royal Beetallion , Yooka and Laylee might just have a chance!
- 2.5D Platforming! Each level offers beautiful, rich visuals with detail and depth. Yooka, Laylee and a whole host of colorful characters (good and bad) are realized in stunning 2.5D
- 3D Overworld! The overworld isn’t just a hub to hop from level to level, it provides a whole separate gaming experience! Explore and unlock more 2D levels by completing objectives and puzzles, rescue the Royal Beetallion bees and find collectibles.
- Alternate Level States! Think you’ve got a level figured out? Try it in its alternate state! Flip switches in the overworld to create new landscapes. Hook up electricity, submerge them in water, freeze or literally flip them upside down for radically altered challenges!
- Bee-at the Impossible Lair! Players are free to tackle Capital B’s Impossible Lair at any time; however, they may find it too much of a challenge without the help of the Royal Beetallion. Free them by completing levels and they will add to your defenses when taking on Capital B’s dastardly traps!