Publisher Big Sugar and developer Steel Mantis have announced that Valfaris will launch on October 10 on Nintendo Switch and PC. The game will then arrive on PlayStation 4 on November 5 in North America and November 6 in Europe. Xbox One players will get the game a few days after that on November 8.
The game will be available in standard edition but also a digital deluxe edition on PC and PlayStation 4. That version will include the game, soundtrack and digital art book.
You can watch the new trailer for the game below and read more about it.
Set in a far corner of space, Valfaris is a heavy metal-infused 2D action platformer and the next game from the team behind Slain: Back From Hell.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry.
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris.
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird).
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour.
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant.
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell.