Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced that their PlayStation Now cloud gaming subscription service will be getting a big price drop starting today.
The monthly price will now be $9.99 down from the previous $19.99. Three months is now $24.99 instead of $44.99 and the yearly price is now $59.99 instead of $99.99. Sony also announced that they will be bringing some blockbuster titles to the service for a limited time. From October 1 to January 2, 2020 titles such as God of War, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Grand Theft Auto V, and Infamous: Second Son will be able to be streamed on PS4 and PC or downloaded on PS4 to play.
You can read more information about these changes below and watch the new live-action commercial for PlayStation Now.
Starting today, PlayStation Now, which is available on PlayStation 4 and PC, will be offered at the following prices, keeping in line with pricing for other entertainment streaming services. Current customers will see this price change in their next billing cycle.
- United States: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)
- Europe: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly / €59.99 – yearly (from €14.99/ (N/A) / €99.99)
- United Kingdom: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly / £49.99 – yearly (from £12.99/ (N/A) / £84.99)
- Japan: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 – yearly (from ¥2,500 / ¥5,900/ (N/A))
PlayStation Now will also expand on the industry’s largest games library for a console subscription service, with additional blockbuster content available for a limited window. These games can be streamed on a PlayStation 4 or PC, or downloaded to a PlayStation 4 . The new content is among the most-played and highly acclaimed games on the PlayStation 4, and will be added on a monthly basis. Launching today are:
- God of War – From Santa Monica Studio, God of War won numerous 2018 “Game of the Year” honors worldwide.
- Grand Theft Auto V – From Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto V is the best-selling title of the current generation.
- inFAMOUS: Second Son – From Sucker Punch Productions, one of the best-selling PlayStation 4 games to-date.
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End – Naughty Dog’s 2016 award winning game, including BAFTA’s 2017 “Best Game.”
God of War, Grand Theft Auto V, inFAMOUS: Second Son, and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will be available from October 1, 2019 until January 2, 2020. Each month, the service will add a refreshed selection of marquee games that will be available for a limited period. This marquee content is on top of the existing offering of popular evergreen titles that are added to PlayStation Now on a regular basis.