Sony Interactive Entertainment, Marvel Games, and developer Camouflaj announced today during New York Comic Con that Marvel’s Iron Man VR will not be making it’s previously announced 2019 launch window.
Instead the game will now release on PlayStation VR on February 28, 2020. The date was announced along with a brand new story trailer for the game featuring the main enemy for Tony Stark in this game, Ghost. Other characters such as Nick Fury and Pepper Pots were also in the trailer.
Other details revealed include the announcement that Josh Keaton will be voicing Tony Stark in this game. The game will come in both a standard edition and a digital deluxe edition. Here is what is in both of those and what they are priced at:
- Standard Edition: $39.99 USD MSRP/$49.99 CAD MSRP
(Available physically & digitally)
- Digital Deluxe Edition: $49.99 USD MSRP/$59.99 CAD MSRP (Digital only) | Includes:
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR Game
- 4 Deluxe Edition Deco Armors (Golden Avenger, Black Centurion, Sun Stinger, Stealth Armor)
- 12 Research Points – Research Points are gained by analyzing combat data from Iron Man’s performance in the field. This research and analysis allows Friday to develop new technology (weapons and augments) for the Impulse Suit. Use these Research Points to unlock some weapons and augments early and customize to play style.
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR Digital Deluxe Soundtrack
- Digital Deluxe Edition Iron Man PS4 Theme
Those who pre-order the game will also get the following content:
- 4 Custom Armor Decos (Origin Armor, Vintage Armor, Silver Centurion Armor, & Ultraviolet Armor)
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR Dynamic PS4 theme
It’s safe to say that PlayStation 4 owners have a lot to look forward to early next year as The Last of Us: Part II, Iron Man VR, and Final Fantasy VII Remake will all release in a three week window. Let us know in the comments if you’ll be getting Iron Man VR.