Nintendo has been having another successful year with the Nintendo Switch and their latest earnings release further shows that.
As of September 30, 2019 the Nintendo Switch has sold 41.67 million units worldwide. Nintendo sold 4.8 million Switch hardware units and 35.88 million software units during the three months ended September 30. Nintendo still plans to sell 18 million Switch hardware units between April 2019 and March 2020.
It isn’t just hardware as Nintendo also provided new sales numbers for many of their first-party titles. One of those titles is The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening which released in September and has already managed to sell 3.13 million units. You can see where some of their other titles are sitting below.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 19.01 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 15.71 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 15.38 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 14.54 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.28 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.28 million
- Super Mario Party – 7.59 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.59 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 3.93 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 3.13 million (released September 20)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 2.29 Million