Ivanovich Games has announced that their party arcade racing game Touring Karts will arrive on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR on December 12.
The game will be priced at $19.99 when it launches. It will also be coming to the Nintendo Switch and mobile devices at a later date. The game will feature cross-play multiplayer for up to eight players so that PlayStation VR players can play with those on PC which already have the game. There will also be multiple control options for players to use which are noted below:
- DualShock 4 as classic / static controller
- DualShock 4 as motion controller
- Wheel + one PlayStation Move controller
- Two PlayStation Move controllers: one to handle the wheel and the other to interact with the world
- 3DRudder + one PlayStation Move controller
You can watch the trailer and read more about Touring Karts below.
Master your racing skills while interacting with the environment as if you would be doing it in the real world. Get ready to make your way through the first place while throwing ice cubes, chickens, bombs, shoot bazokas, smashing your rivals with a giant hammer, and also take a break in the middle of the chaos to recover your health by drinking energetic beverages!
- Power-ups originally designed to be used in VR, can also be enjoyed on non-VR platforms.
- Three views to choose that are specifically designed for VR: One free of dizziness, a classic one in third-person and the more immersive first-person view.
- 22 tracks and 30 customizable cars, all inspired in Formula 1 tracks and teams.
- Multiple controls compatibility: FFB steering wheels, motion simulators, VR controls, classic controls, etc.
- Quick Race Mode with all cars and tracks available from the get-go.
- Up to eight players online multiplayer support with no waiting times. You will be training against the AI meanwhile your rivals enter the circuit.
- Three online game modes: Unique Daily Cups, Custom Play with your Friends and Random Play.
- Story-based mode with more than 500 original challenges (120-plus hours to complete) with collectible prizes. It can be completed in Single Player or Multiplayer Mode.
- Craft up to 45 new power-ups by combining the ones you already have and surprise your rivals!