Developer Grounding, Inc. has announced that Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! will launch on PlayStation VR on February 25 in North America and February 26 in Europe and Japan.
The game will be available digitally via the PlayStation Store and priced at $39.99. This is the first standalone game from Sega’s music and dance themed franchise to be released in 18 years. You can watch the new trailer and read more about the game below and on the official site.
Members of the original development team have returned to usher Space Channel 5 into a new decade. Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! is set in “Space Channel 5,” the premiere space TV station of the 25th Century. For the first time, the player will physically join senior reporter Ulala as a rookie, by dancing, posing, and grooving while holding PlayStation®Move motion controllers. Returning cast members join brand new characters in new stages and music for a groovin’ good time.
The English voice cast includes Cherami Leigh taking over the lead role as Ulala, and Tom Clarke-Hill returning to reprise his role as Jaguar. Other cast members include Cassandra Lee Morris as newcomer Kell and Greg Chun as the being terrorizing the galaxy, Glitter.
■ Game Modes
- Main Menu – Select Mode.
- Story Mode – Join Channel 5 as a rookie reporter alongside Ulala.
- Arcade – Play an introductory mode recommended for VR beginners.
- Trial Dance – Play 100 dances in a row in this exercise and endurance mode.
- Viewing – Watch the story again through a third person perspective and multiple camera angles.
- Dressing Room – Change Ulala’s outfits as you unlock them through the game.
- Friendopedia – View character biographies.
- Calories – Track the calories burnt during gameplay.
- Downloadable Content – Coming soon.