UK Weekly Retail Video Game Sales Chart: Assassin’s Creed tops Call of Duty & PlayStation 5 Games Sell Big Without the Console

The latest UK weekly retail video game sales chart for last week is in and things have changed up quite a bit in the charts.

One of the biggest surprises was Assassin’s Creed Valhalla from Ubisoft taking the No.1 spot over Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. This is the first time in 13 years that Call of Duty didn’t take the No.1 spot in its opening week. It was on sale a few days longer than Call of Duty was and digital sales aren’t factored into this but for just retail sales Valhalla was on top. Valhalla’s launch sales were double that of what Assassin’s Creed Odyssey did a couple years ago. In terms of platform breakdown, the PlayStation 4 version accounted for 42% of sales while the PlayStation 5 version accounted for 18% of sales even though the console doesn’t launch in the UK until next week. 40% of copies were sold on Xbox.

Launch sales for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War were down more than 64% at retail when compared to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. One of the surprising things about the chart this past week is just how many PlayStation 5 games were in the top ten despite the console not being released yet. Spider-Man: Miles Morales took the No.3 spot and its retail sales were 56% lower than Spider-Man 2018. 29% of the copies sold were on PlayStation 4 with the remaining 71% being sold on PlayStation 5.

Demon’s Souls took the No.6 spot in the charts while Sackboy: A Big Adventure placed at No.13. Godfall came in at the No.16 spot. Again, the console isn’t even out yet so we’ll see how these PlayStation 5 games fair next week when the system is available.

Yakuza: Like A Dragon was another new release and it came in at No.20 with 65% of the copies being sold on PlayStation 4 while the remaining 35% were on Xbox. You can see the full top then for the week below.

UK Weekly Retail Video Game Sales Chart: Week Ending November 14

  1. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  4. FIFA 21
  5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  6. Demon’s Souls
  7. Super Mario 3D All-Stars
  8. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
  9. Minecraft (Switch)
  10. Watch Dogs Legion

Source.

Written by
One of Head Writers and PR here on ThisGenGaming.com. I've been playing games for over 20 years now and play everything from AAA blockbusters to Indie games. You can find me on all the current consoles and on my twitter account.

Have your say!

1 0

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.