Microsoft’s Xbox has been the talk of the town in the gaming media in the last couple of days with rumours ranging from streaming devices, newer hardware, and leaks all surrounding the Microsoft system. Today, a Reddit user ‘dieklobrille‘ has posted information regarding a small portion of Microsoft’s E3 plans:
A trailer for Xbox Daily and the Xbox Media Briefing will be published later today by Microsoft (obv they can release it whenever they push the button, so could be tomorrow, too). It’s already available on their servers. I can’t give you details on how to get there though, sry. It will not feature anything too relevant but still one interesting new theme.
Only read further if you are fine with potential E3 spoilers!!!
People asked me what else I could catch from Xbox API etc. I will just share it now. Take these as rumors or whatever. I don’t know what will be at E3 or whatever.
- Rare is working on a new Battletoads
- Sea of Thieves won’t be a straight MMO, more like The Division/Destiny, seems like MS will give this game a huge focus, cross-play, cross-buy
- FH3 set in Australia
- General RAAM for Killer Instinct
- Something Age of Empires (still not sure what exactly, prob new game)
- Halo Wars 2 Beta is a thing, no cross-play mentioned
- Zombie online game by MS, prob new State of Decay, could also be Dead Rising
- Anniversary update will gets its own landing page on Xbox.com with the major features listed, prob “available now” at E3 for preview
That’s all I have for now. Nothing on hardware, sry.
Halo’s Bonnie Ross has previously stated that every future Halo game will receive a beta starting from Halo 5: Guardians but Halo Wars 2 is not under development by 343i so it’s unclear whether that falls under the umbrella of her statement. There’s a lot here in this rumour and we should know either way if the rumoured trailer is posted online today or not as the rumour claims.
If the rumour proves true, how do you feel about the information contained in this rumour? Let us know what you’re thinking by leaving a comment below.