Impressions have been mixed on early streamers who have shown off No Man’s Sky gameplay but one aspect that I’ve seen nothing but praise for is the soundtrack. It’s a beautiful score for sure from the composers 65daysofstatic – who have now uploaded the full soundtrack to their YouTube channel for all eager-space-adventurers to listen.
65daysofstatic are an instrumental electronic post/math rock band. Formed in Sheffield, England, in 2001, the band is composed of Paul Wolinski, Joe Shrewsbury, Rob Jones and Simon Wright.
No Man’s Sky is a game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated galaxy.
- A TRULY OPEN UNIVERSE If you can see it, you can go there. You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.
- EXPLORATION IS SEEING THINGS THAT NO-ONE ELSE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE Every creature, geological formation, plant and spaceship is unique.
- SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER You are alone and vulnerable, and will face threat everywhere, from deep space to thick forests, barren deserts to dark oceans.
- BUILD FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY Collect precious materials and trade them for better spacecraft and upgrades for your suit and equipment and prepare for your journey to the centre of the galaxy.
- A SHARED UNIVERSE Choose to share with other players your discoveries on a map of the galaxy. Strike out for unexplored frontiers or build your strengths in known space.
- 65DAYSOFSTATIC SOUNDTRACK Our favourite band, 65daysofstatic, is producing a soundtrack album especially for No Man’s Sky, which will be featured in the game as a procedurally generated soundscape.