Titanfall 2 did not have the best reception after its first-weekend test just last week. The game came under heavy fire from fans of the first Titanfall who felt that Titanfall 2 didn’t live up to its predecessor. We even wrote an article Titanfall 2 Might Need A Delay If The Recent Tech Test Is Anything To Go By following a rather disappointing first impression with the weekend 1 test.
However, Respawn seem determined to implement the changes fans want and to their credit, they seem to be correcting a lot of the problems that fans called out. Here’s the latest patch notes for update 2 of the Weekend 2 tech test. Please make sure you install the update to the Tech Test so that you can experience these updates yourself.
TIME TO KILL
- Amped Weapons Boost now unlocks at 80% of the earn meter instead of 50%.
- Charge Rifles now have damage falloff at cross map distances.
- Slightly increased cloak visibility for other Pilots.
We think the abundance of Amped Weapons is a large contributor to lower time to kill. We’re still adjusting individual weapon balance for ship.
- Increased max wall-running speed.
- Increased base wall-running speed and air speed.
- Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
- Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster.
Training is unaffected by these changes, ensuring Gauntlet records will remain valid.
- Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds.
This value may be undertuned until we can take a pass at how much meter you earn from objectives.
- Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time.
- Banking phases now last 45 seconds instead of a minute.
- Fixed some issues with the outer deadzone on PlayStation controllers.
We wanted to note and apologize for “Invite Friends” still being broken in this build. We needed to get the patch to certification quickly to ensure gameplay changes could make it in for this weekend, so we couldn’t get to this in time.
AMPED HAPPY HOUR EVENT
Lastly we will be offering players the chance to receive this callsign for launch when you play the Amped Happy Hour event this Saturday. All you need to do is play between the hours of 9-10am PT/5-6pm GMT or 4-5pm PT Saturday/12-1am GMT Sunday and you’ll get this exclusive callsign when Titanfall 2 releases on October 28.
What do you think about the changes Respawn are making in response to fan feedback? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Source: Titanfall Forums