If you’ve finished Dishonored 2 and want a reason to go back and play some more Bethesda and Arkane Studios are preparing to do just that. Today they announced that Update 1 will be available for the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on Monday, December 19th. This update will add the New Game+ mode to the game allowing you to start a new game as either Emily or Corvo and have access to all of their powers as well as all the runes and bonecharms you collected in your first playthrough.
Here are the full patch notes:
GAME UPDATE 1 RELEASE NOTES
- New Game Plus mode!
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues
In addition Game Update 2 will arrive in January and add two new features: Mission Select and additional Custom Difficulty Settings, the latter of which allows you to further tailor Dishonored 2 to your playstyle and adjust the challenge based on a wide array of settings. More details will follow at a later date.
So are you excited for New Game+ to come to Dishonored 2? Let us know in the comments.