Some lucky gamers have managed to purchase Resident Evil 7 early, and one of these people has leaked the difficulty options, and what each difficulty changes. Here are the difficulty settings and what each one does.
- Fast Regenerating Health
- Checkpoints are frequent
- Enemies attacks cause less damage, are slower, and not as intelligent
- Unlimited saves
- Checkpoints are less frequent.
- Enemy damage increase, faster and more intelligent than casual difficulty.
- Regenerating health but not as fast as casual.
- Unlimited saves.
- No Checkpoints at all
- Enemies are much faster, deadlier, and have special attacks exclusive to this mode.
- Enemies are much harder to hide away from
- Health does not regenerate at all
- Can only save if you find cassette tapes which are similar to past Resident Evil games ink ribbons to save at type writers
The last difficulty option is definitely a nod to the classic Resident Evil style, and should come as a nice surprise to all the fans of the classic elements that have been missing for so long.