Get ready Guacamelee fans as the fine folks over at Drinkbox Studios have announced that the sequel, Guacamelee! 2, is just about ready for launch. The game will launch on PlayStation 4 on August 21 for $19.99 and if you’re a PlayStation Plus member you can pre-order it now on the PlayStation Store and save 20%.
Check out the new Release Trailer below.
Seven years after defeating Carlos Calaca, Juan Aguacate is forced to don his luchador mask again to face a new threat – this time to the very fabric of space and time. Punch your way through a whole new Metroid-vania style world and try to save the Mexiverse!
Guacamelee! 2 Key Features:
- Powerful New Moves – New abilities such as Eagle Boost, Rocket Kick, and Pollo Shot add to Juan’s awesome arsenal of moves, for use in both combat and platforming.
- Super Chicken! – A unique set of new abilities and moves for Juan’s chicken form. Ridiculous chicken-based platforming, combat and exploration. More chicken than you’ll be able to handle (probably).
- Vibrant, Deadly World – An epic, colorful adventure, inspired by Mexican folklore, that takes players through living and dead worlds and across rifts in space-time! Beautiful environments and 2D animation, more gorgeous than ever thanks to a fancy new rendering engine.
- Lots to See – Dense gameplay areas featuring tons of secrets and optional content. Bigger maps, twice as many enemy types as the first game, and a roster of eccentric new bosses.
- Brand New Upgrade System – Discover “trainers” from around the world, defeat their challenges, and upgrade your movement, combat, traversal, and more.
- Caliente Original Soundtrack – Soundtrack featuring new music from Peter Chapman and Rom Di Prisco – composers of the original Guacamelee! OST. Additional new tracks from special guests Mariachi Entertainment System!
- 4-Player Local Co-op – Drop-in / drop-out 4-player local co-op through the entire story lets your best amigos join in anytime!
I’m personally a huge fan of the first game so I can’t wait to play the sequel. Let us know in the comments if you’re excited for Guacamelee! 2.