Insomniac Games has just released the 1.08 update for Marvel’s Spider-Man on PlayStation 4 and we have the details on what’s new in the game.
The 1.08 update weighs in at around 4.6GB and prepares the game for the first of three DLC packs which is releasing on Tuesday, October 23. This update also brings New Game+ to the game for those who want to play the game from the start again and carry over their progress from their previous playthrough. There is also a brand new harder difficulty called Ultimate difficulty for those who want a greater challenge.
If you like trophies there are two new ones asking you to beat New Game+ and beat the game on Ultimate difficulty. The Heist DLC also has trophies up with four of them being tied to missions in the DLC, one for 100% completion of the DLC, one for getting Spectacular in all Screwball challenges and one for completing all crimes in a district. You can read the full patch notes below.
- Added support for “The City That Never Sleeps – The Heist” story pack.
- Added New Game+.
- Added Ultimate difficulty.
- Added 2 new Trophies.
- Added the ability to rotate layers in Photo Mode.
- Added new frames and stickers to Photo Mode.
- Added a shortcut option to trigger Photo Mode via the left directional button.
Fixes & Updates
- Tuned Friendly combat difficulty based on player feedback.
- Added a max health cap of 250 and normalized players.
- Added a potential solution for a crash related to graphical artifacting.
- Addressed an issue where players could respawn inside a building in the Financial District.
- Addressed an issue where animation during cinematics could break due to hard drive streaming.
- Addressed an issue where pedestrians would disappear for a frame in the distance.
- Addressed an issue where combat music would persist in the open world after completing a Sable Base.
- Addressed various additional issues.