Atlus has announced that Persona 5 Royal will launch exclusively on the PlayStation 4 on October 31 in Japan. The game will then make its way to both the Americas and Europe in 2020.
Persona 5 Royal isn’t an entirely new game but rather Persona 5 with a bunch of new content and features. It will feature a third semester, new characters, PS4 Pro support, new story scenarios and much more. You can check out the trailer and read more about the game below.
Persona 5, which has sold more than 2.7 million units worldwide, is reborn with countless new additional elements. The student life is further enhanced with the previously untold third school semester. A new character that is the key to approaching the depths appears. And new strong enemies as well…
- Expanded re-release
- New third semester which lasts from January (end of base Persona 5 game) to mid-March (so about 73 days)
- Will not be DLC for the base Persona 5 game
- Improved graphics with 4K support for the PS4 Pro
- New story scenarios not seen in the base game
- Quality of life improvements like a new menu dedicated to confidants and stats. Also a new auto-read option has been added so you can sit back and enjoy scenes
- New opening and ending by Lyn, new battle music by Meguro
- Added a popular spot “Kichijoji” that represents Tokyo. New and old various cultures and individuality fuse and attract young and old men and women
- Main new character is called Kasumi Yoshizawa (voiced by Amamiya Sora). She is skilled gymnast and a transfer student just like Joker. She joins the Phantom Thieves to further her own mysterious goals. Kasumi admires the main protagonist, but doubts the Phantom Thieves’ ways. Whether she is an enemy or ally remains to be seen.
- New confidant (Consultant) is called Takuto Maruki. He is a counselor who joined Shujin High following the events of April. Together, he works to help students such as the protagonist
- Game elements have now been completely upgraded. Selfies can now be sent by other members in group chats
- Human Morgana!
- New palace (unsure if there’s more than one)
- Improvements to old palaces such as being able to use a grapple hook
- Joker has a grappling hook now
- New Social Links
- Improvements have been made to the UI
- New events with Caroline & Justine
- New types of strong enemies
- New treasures in palaces
- Assist commands in daily life
- Dual All-Out Attacks are back
- Futaba has an All-Out Attack now