Developer Cococucumber announced today during the PlayStation State of Play event that their 3D voxel co-op hack and slash game Riverbond is headed to the PlayStation 4 this Summer. The game will also launch on the Xbox One and PC.
The game will also feature skins for the playable characters that will make them look like popular characters from other indie games. Those being the following:
- Raz Aquato from Psychonauts
- Bullet Kin from Enter the Gungeon
- Juan Aguacate from Guacamelee!
- Demelza from Knights and Bikes
- The Kid from Bastion
- Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight
- Lover Mu from Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
- Robot 05 from Planet of the Eyes
Check out the trailer for Riverbond below and read more about the game.
Riverbond is a fun and frantic couch co-op adventure game for 1 to 4 players set in a stunning voxel world. Embark on a heroic journey to complete missions, battle adorable enemies, and smash everything into tiny cubes! Will you and your friends be the legendary heroes of Riverbond?
- Weapons! Combat! Bosses! Find a ton of melee and ranged weapons in hidden chests and swap them out to suit your play style to defeat enemies and bosses.
- Objectives! Each map will challenge you with an objective. Complete this, and you’re on your way to becoming the champ!
- Play alone or with Friends! Riverbond is fully playable in single-player or with up to 4 players in a drop-in/out couch co-op.
- Destructible Cubic World! Did we mention that you can slash, smash and generally wreak havoc to the charming voxel environments? Go nuts if you want to and experience the awesomeness of real-time physics.
Who knows what you will find when you explore the depths of Riverbond—there’s only one way to find out. Cue epic adventure music!