Publisher Bandai Namco and developer Supermassive Games have announced that The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 30.
Those who pre-order the game will get day one access to the “Curator’s Cut” version of the game which contains the following:
The Curator’s Cut opens up a myriad of different options and an alternative path through the game, experienced from an entirely new perspective. The Curator’s Cut will reveal its secrets once the game has been completed once, from there, a new world of possibilities open up to players, including:
- A new perspective from different characters are unlocked.
- New options and choices are offered within each scene that requires player choice; new decisions means new outcomes to discover.
- New scenes and secrets not featured in the original playthrough are also unlocked.
If you don’t pre-order the game you will be able to get access to this content at a later date according to the publisher. You can check out the new trailer for the game below and read more about the game.
From the developers of Until Dawn…
Enter the world of The Dark Pictures, a series of standalone cinematic horror games. Players will be challenged to explore and uncover each story with the knowledge that all their choices have consequences and all playable characters can live, any and all can die…
Man of Medan is the first game in The Dark Pictures anthology, bringing supernatural horror to the South Pacific. Five friends set sail on a holiday diving trip with a rumored World War II wreck to find. As the day unfolds and a storm rolls in, their trip soon changes into something much more sinister. Who will live? Who will die? It’s down to you. Can you save them all?
- A New Terrifying Experience – Supermassive Games delivers a new, horrific narrative journey where you will have to confront your deepest fears.
- Can you Save Them All? – All payable characters can live and all can die. The choices you make will decide their fate. Death could be just around the corner…
- What Will You Do to Survive? – Each choice you make has a consequence which can mean life or death for your character. Will you keep your head whilst struggling to survive? What decisions will you make?