Publisher Spike Chunsoft has announced that their visual novel game YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World is releasing on October 1 in North America.
The game will be available at retail and digitally on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch and on Steam on PC. It will be priced at $49.99. There will be some launch edition bonuses for the game as well that include the following:
- PlayStation 4 – A mini cloth poster featuring Eriko Takeda, the mysterious school nurse at Sakaimachi Academy.
- Switch – A download code for 8-Bit YU-NO’s Great Adventure. Experience an action game set in classic 8-bit style featuring the characters from YU-NO!
The game will feature Japanese audio with English text. Those who want a bit more can purchase a limited edition of the game via the NIS America Store for $89.99. This edition comes with the game, the original soundtrack, a pillow case, a hardcover art book, and a collector’s box.
Also, a lot has been going on regarding censorship of certain games in the west and Spike Chunsoft has announced that a few changes are being made to both the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions in order to release the game in the west. Those changes are:
- Sala Oasis Scene – A sunbeam is placed over Sala’s naked lower body.
- Symbols – Some cursor interaction symbols have been replaced with the “investigation” symbol. The story content and gameplay remains the same; only the cursor symbol itself has been replaced.
You can read more about the game below.
Your Love Awaits Beyond This World.
During his vacation from Sakaimachi Academy, Takuya Arima receives a package from his supposedly deceased father. It contains the mysterious Reflector Device which allows the user to travel between parallel worlds.
With help from his friends, teachers, and lovers, Takuya must unearth the mystery of his father’s legacy to prevent a calamity threatening to envelop reality itself.
- The Power of the Reflector – Explore multiple timelines and revisit events through the unique gaming mechanic of the Reflector Device. This allows you to explore every timeline in detail. Activate the Reflector Device’s Auto Divergence Map System to return to an event with more knowledge and new items.
- Your Father’s Clues – Solve all the mysteries of Sakaimachi to uncover the secrets lying beneath Sword Cape. Collect items from one timeline and use them in the next to unlock Sword Cape’s hidden truth.
- Love Beyond Worlds – Can you find the hidden world waiting beyond Sakaimachi? Fall in love with every character to reach the true ending to this 40+ hour visual novel.