Developer Sirlin Games has announced a new fighting game that they’ve been working on called Fantasy Strike.
Fantasy Strike will launch on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on July 25 for $29.99. The game will have support for English, Spanish, French, Japanese, and Norwegian language options at launch. The team making this game is led by David Sirlin who was lead designer on Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and he is also a top fighting game player.
You can check out a gameplay trailer and read more about Fantasy Strike below.
Be an archer with fiery arrows, a colorful painter, a martial arts master who can transform into a dragon, and more! Fantasy meets martial arts in this vibrant world.
If You’re New To Fighting Games
Designed to work great on keyboard, no need for a special controller. We’ve streamlined the genre to get you to the fun decision-making part as soon as possible. All moves are just a single button press, combos are easy, move lists are concise. We’ve cut the chaff to focus on the heart of the genre so we can show you why fighting games are awesome.
If You’re a Veteran
This game is designed by an ex-Street Fighter dev and hardcore player for play in tournaments. Mixups, rushdown, zoning, and the grapplers seeming too powerful on day 1. It’s got all that. And you can play it with pretty much anyone in the fighting game community, no matter what other fighting game they play, because you can all reach basic competency in Fantasy Strike in minutes and start playing for real. Plus you can play with a joystick, gamepad, Guitar Hero controller, or whatever else you want.
- Excellent online play. We are not aware of better networking tech in any other fighting game, and we’re sorry about how that sounds. Custom implementation of GGPO networking technology.
- One-click challenges, one-click spectating. To play a friend, go to your in-game friends list and click on the crossed swords by any name to challenge them. Or click on the eyeball to watch them play. That’s it!
- Online quick match. Just pick a character, click ready, and you’re playing online.
- Arcade mode. With illustrated, voiced story intros and endings.
- Survival modes. How long can you last in these four sub-modes? Each is a rapid-fire series of opponents with no loading times between them. Opponents get stronger as you go and include Shadow Bosses.
- Daily Challenge. An endless survival mode that you can only play ONCE per day.
See how you do compared everyone else that day.
- Practice mode. Includes dynamic frame data and frame-step features.
- Local versus. Play standard one-versus-one and also three-versus-three team battle (each player picks three characters and plays a special best three out of five series).
- Tutorial. A quick, five-minute tutorial teaches you the basics of how the game works.
- Spotlight Videos. Every character has their own spotlight video, a narrated tour by game director David Sirlin. Each video goes though that character’s moves and what their general gameplan and strategy is about.
- Unique throw escape. To escape (normal) throws, simply let go of all your controls! You’ll automatically “yomi” counter any throw attempt.
- Simple controls. All moves are done with a single button press so you can play with any controller.