Publisher Sega has announced that Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will be ready for launch on the Nintendo Switch on November 5 in the US and November 8 in Europe.
They also announced that the game will feature Olympic Games Tokyo 1964 events which will all take place in 2D versus the 2020 events that are in the traditional 3D game style.
You can watch the new trailer and read more about the game below including a list of all the events in the game.
- New Events and More: Debut events including surfing, skateboarding, karate, and sport climbing will all be playable in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020; joining the classic event line-up of gymnastics, swimming, 110m hurdles, football, equestrian, and archery.
- Different Ways to Play: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of the Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Split-Screen and Online Fun: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 delivers multiplayer, both local split-screen and online, fun for all ages and groups.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: Choose from a star-studded Sega- and Nintendo-franchise athlete roster that includes Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Peach, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Yoshi, Tails, and more to be announced!
- 10 Classic 2D Events: Experience Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games in a brand-new way with classic 2D versions of 10 events from the Tokyo 1964 Summer Olympics.
Tokyo 2020 Events
- 110m Hurdles
- 4 x 100m Relay
- Discus Throw
- Dream Karate
- Dream Racing
- Dream Shooting
- Javelin Throw
- Rugby Sevens
- Sport Climbing
- Table Tennis
- Triple Jump
Tokyo 1964 Events
- 10m Platform
- 400m Hurdles
- Long Jump