Developer Capybara Games has announced that their indie title Below will be launching on PlayStation 4 this Spring.
Below previously released on Xbox One and PC back in December 2018 but Capybara Games said that it could come to other platforms when the timed exclusivity window ran out. Below will also be getting a new “Explore” mode that will be included in the PlayStation 4 version and patched into all other versions of the game.
The “Explore” mode will reduce the amount of survival mechanics in the game which is something a lot of people had issues with when it first released. Here are the exact details of this new mode:
- Reduced Survival Mechanics: No Hunger or Thirst.
- Traps, Damage, and Death: No instant kills, plus all damage depletes player Health slowly through bleeding, giving players a chance to recover.
- Permanent Bonfire Checkpoints: Checkpoints can always be returned to after death, allowing players to continue progressing deeper into the underworld.
Those who wish to play the game as it originally released will still be able to in the standard mode. You can watch the new trailer and read more about the game below.
Test your adventurer mettle against The Isle’s procedural subterranean labyrinths. Explore a large, interconnected underworld crawling with cunning wildlife, deadly traps and stalked by a shadowy presence. Survive the perils of The Depths and unearth what lies below… or die trying..
Below is a procedural terrarium filled with life, mystery and death.
- Explore – Explore the vast subterranean underworld of The Isle: a dangerous, unfathomable deep. Choose your path through the randomly generated labyrinth crawling with deadly monstrosities, traps and hazardous environments. Perma-death awaits at every false step, and there are no hints to guide you…
- Survive – Spelunking through The Depths of Below is a treacherous endeavor, with death around every corner. The world is alive with flora & fauna, and there are many ways to scavenge materials and harvest ingredients to create life-saving remedies or useful survival tools…
- Discover – What lies below? Only the bravest wanderers will find out. The Depths are filled with secrets and danger. Below embraces the idea that players enjoy discovering secret areas, finding hidden passageways and unraveling the deepest mysteries hidden in the darkness…