Get ready to feel the music as publisher NCSOFT and developer Harmonix have announced their brand new DJ music game Fuser.
Fuser will launch sometime this fall on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Some of the artists in the game include Billie Eilish, The Chainsmokers, and Imagine Dragons. Here is what Harmonix CEO Steve Janiak said today about the game:
With Fuser, we are delivering the ultimate music fantasy as a game. Music today is an experience. It’s not just people listening to albums any more—it’s recording and sharing videos of you singing along to your favorite songs, watching your favorite bands play at festivals, and sharing hit music with your friends. Fuser puts players at the center of all that by letting you mix and share some of the biggest hits on your way to becoming a festival headliner.
If you’re attending PAX East this upcoming weekend you’ll get to play the game there. You can watch the reveal trailer and read more about the game below.
Fuser is the next evolution of interactive music gaming. The game puts players in control of the music, where they can fuse together elements from hit songs by some of the world’s top artists, including Billie Eilish, The Chainsmokers, Imagine Dragons, Lil Nas X, Lizzo, Migos, Post Malone, and many more.
Harmonix has been a pioneer of interactive music gaming for nearly 25 years, having created titles like Frequency and Amplitude as well as genre-defining, breakout hits like Rock Band and Dance Central. With Fuser, Harmonix will once again completely revolutionize the music game genre by providing an immersive music sandbox in which players are challenged to perform and create custom mixes from some of music’s biggest hits—no peripheral required.
Powered by Harmonix’s proprietary technology, Fuser will allow players to seamlessly blend vocals, bass lines, and other instrumentation from a multitude of different music genres and artists to define their own unique sound through seamless, innovative gameplay. Players will also be able to share their creations socially, making their game performances available for watching online.
- Campaign Play – Hone your mixing skills to win the crowd, and unlock new challenges and content
- Freestyle Play – Explore, discover and create incredible mixes and custom effects in your musical playground
- Multiplayer – Collaborate or compete with players from around the world
- Social Sharing – Share your inspired mixes and mind-blowing performances in-game and online
Mix music with over 100 songs including (first 16 songs announced):
- “In Da Club” by 50 Cent
- “Bad Guy” by Billie Eilish
- “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” by Blue Oyster Cult
- “Don’t Let Me Down” by The Chainsmokers feat. Daya
- “Rock The Casbah” by The Clash
- “The Rockafeller Skank” by Fatboy Slim
- “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons
- “Mi Gente” by J. Balvin & Willy William
- “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga
- “Old Town Road (Remix)” by Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus
- “Good As Hell” by Lizzo
- “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- “Stir Fry” by Migos
- “Better Now” by Post Malone
- “All Star” by Smash Mouth
- “Regulate” by Warren G & Nate Dogg
- More to come…