Square Enix has announced that the Dragon Quest franchise is finally coming to the Xbox platform when Dragon Quest XI S launches on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Xbox Game Pass on December 4. It will also come to PlayStation 4 and Steam on the same day.
This version of course includes the features that were included in the Nintendo Switch release such as the orchestrated soundtrack and being able to craft anywhere. You can check it out in the trailer below and read about the new features.
- New side stories for companions – Dragon Quest XI has some of the most charming characters of any RPG. This edition of game includes new side stories and adventures that weren’t in the original release, so you can get to know them better than ever.
- 2D mode – You can play the game with either beautifully detailed 3D graphics, but if you want to celebrate the series’ roots, you can also play the entire adventure in retro-inspired 2D. You can even switch between the styles mid-adventure.
- 16-bit World of Tickington – this optional activity lets you visit locations from previous Dragon Quest worlds, full of characters to talk to and quests to complete.
- Japanese audio – You can now play the entire game, including the additional content, with a new Japanese voice track
- Photo mode – As you can tell from the screenshots, Dragon Quest XI is a real pretty game. Now you can immortalize your adventures with a comprehensive photo mode. You can rearrange characters, make them pose, change angles and much more.