Publisher Headup has released two new games on PlayStation 4 today just in time for the holiday season.
The first is the classic side-scrolling shoot’em up Rigid Force Redux from developer com8com1. It’s available now for $15.99 or $19.99 for the digital deluxe bundle. The second game is the stylish 2D pixel art twin-stick shooter Colt Canyon from developer Retrific. It is priced at $19.99 on the PlayStation Store.
You can watch the trailers for both games below and read more about them.
Battle it out against huge swarms of enemies, heavy gunships, laser wielding mechs and giant alien creatures. Every enemy has its own unique and challenging strategy, from the tiniest creature up to the largest boss. Arm your fighter with numerous upgradeable weapon systems and supplemental Force Shards! Collect Energy Orbs to fill up your energy supply and eventually unleash an extremely powerful blast against your foes! Just in case the extensive, action-packed Main Mission is not enough, try the challenging Arcade and Boss Rush Modes, defend your ranking in the global leaderboards and grab all 40 achievements.
- Classic side-scrolling shoot’em up action with modern 3D graphics
- Smooth 60 FPS for fluid gameplay
- Unique weapons and power-up systems inspired by the genre classics
- A wide variety of enemies, challenging mid-bosses and enormous end bosses
- An exciting story mode with animated cutscenes
- Six different action-packed 3D stages
- Additional Arcade and Boss Rush game modes for extended high score runs
- Adjustable difficulty levels – for beginners to shmup masters
- Improved UI and visuals, including a brand-new character design by Manga Artist Damurushi
- Original synthwave soundtrack by DREAMTIME featuring Michael Chait
- Leaderboards and 40 trophies
Take your revolver and rescue your partner in this atmospheric and punchy roguelike game.
Colt Canyon is a 2D pixel art shooter where you control a cowboy, or one of the many other unlockable characters, whose mission is to save his kidnapped partner from the ruthless bandits. Take your gun and TNT and shoot your way through a hostile canyon full of hidden treasures, weapons, obstacles, and all kinds of bloodthirsty scum.
Maybe you can save more people than just your partner. But watch out. Once you got your partner your job is not done. You’ll also have to get back home…
- Skill-based roguelike twin-stick gameplay
- Large range of characters and weapons to play and unlock
- Dynamic and immersive environments and enemies
- Local Coop
- Randomized, persistent and open levels
- Strategic stealth and fast-paced action
- Beautiful minimalistic pixel art
- Impactful particle effects
- AI-controlled companions
- Upgrades for you and your armed companions
- Intense boss fights
- No forced grind
- High replayability
- Endless runs possible
- Easy to learn, hard to master
- Perfectly suited Wild-West soundtrack
- Punchy sound effects