Gearbox Publishing and developer Norsfell Games will release their action-survival RPG Tribes of Midgard on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC on July 27.
Pre-orders are live now on the PlayStation Store with a $19.99 standard edition and a $29.99 Deluxe Edition. Those who pre-order the standard edition get the following:
- Midsummer Eira Cosmetic Armor Set
- Midsummer Eira Cosmetic Hammer
- Midsummer Eira Cosmetic Shield
Those who pre-order the Deluxe Edition get those previous items along with the following:
- Solar Valkyrie Cosmetic Armor Set
- Solar Valkyrie Cosmetic Sword
- Solar Valkyrie Cosmetic Shield
- Two in-game pets
The Solar items are exclusive to the PlayStation version of the game. You can watch the most recent trailer below and read more about the game.
Midgard is under siege from unwelcome visitors.
Mythical creatures, deadly spirits, and gigantic brutes threaten to bring on Ragnarök—the end of the world!
It’s up to you, a mighty Einherjar, to cut short your glorious feast in Valhalla and return to Midgard.
There, you’ll need to become the ultimate Viking and survive—even thrive—to save your village, and the world, from total destruction.
Luckily, you don’t have to brave it alone: your (mostly) fearless tribe of co-op companions will help you build up village defenses and find treasures through a vast, beautiful realm—all while doomsday ticks closer and closer.
But don’t let that stop your tribe from having the best apocalypse of your lives.
“Surthrive” the Viking way in Tribes of Midgard, a multiplayer, action-survival RPG of gigantic proportions.
· Explore a Bright Norse Realm: Discover dungeons, slay legendary beasts, and build anywhere as you explore formidable, procedurally-generated lands on your quest to take on Ragnarök.
· Face Colossal Game-Changers: Protect the Seed of Yggdrasil from a nightly invasion of Helthings, and work together with your tribe to withstand the ever-looming threat of the Jötnar, epic Giants hellbent on smashing the Seed—and your village surrounding it—to bits.
· Forge Your Viking Legend: Choose your class and take the battle into the wilds as you seek resources to craft epic armor and mighty weaponry. Then, unleash powerful abilities and prepare clever village defenses to give your enemies some nasty surprises.
· Rally the Tribe: When the Giants arrive, it takes a village to bring them down! Adventure through Midgard solo, or form a tribe of up to 10 players in online PvE co-op. Test your Viking skills across various game modes as you discover your favorite play-style.
· Enhance Your Senses: Immerse yourself in Midgard with advanced DualSense controller features:
Haptic feedback and adaptive triggers put the world at your fingertips: feel the resistance as you draw your bow; experience the impact on your shield from an enemy blow; sense your footsteps on the land of Midgard.
Feel the ground tremble as the Giants approach via our unique Giant Rumble, aka “Grumble” haptic feedback.
Discover nearby events via alerts that come directly from your controller’s speaker.
As day turns to night in Midgard, you must defend your village from Helthings. Never lose track of time as the light bar changes color to indicate the time of day.