There is more BloodRayne on the way as publisher Ziggurat Interactive has announced that they will be releasing BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch this fall.
Both games will release digitally while Limited Run Games will be selling physical copies on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. As for improvements players can expect 4K resolution support, better lighting effects, upscaled cinematics, and improvements to textures, water, fog, shadows, and reflections.
BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped are enhanced editions of the original games for console players.
The third-person horror action series BloodRayne introduced gamers to Rayne, a brutal half-vampire femme fatale traveling the world to foil Nazi plans, battle supernatural threats, and uncover more about her vampiric heritage. Featuring a unique protagonist, fast-action combat, vampiric powers, and a globe-spanning storyline, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 offered a dynamic and visceral gameplay experience. Beloved by fans and critics alike, BloodRayne became a true cross-media phenomenon, spanning games, comics, and films across the early 2000s.
Updated Features of the ReVamped Editions
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160).
- Upscaled cinematic videos.
- Improvements to lighting at the engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data.
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures.
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows.