The popularity of online casinos is continually on the rise, and their growth of over 70% is the best proof of that. As a gambling-friendly country, Canada is at the forefront of this growth. The Great White North has been marked as one of the top countries for online gambling. Despite its shaky history, Canadian law has seen a lot of changes over the years, leading to the legalisation of gambling. If you’re interested in digging deeper into what makes online casinos popular in Canada, read on.
Popularity of Online Gambling in Canada
As online gambling gets more popular, statistics predict that over 65% of Canada’s adult population will place a wager in the following year. As the number grows, more people become interested in some type of gambling, for example, lottery. In that case, around 25% of the population participate in a lottery draw weekly.
Canadians have spent around 15 million dollars on sports betting, thus pushing the government to consider legalization and regulation further. These numbers might increase for Canadian sportsbook betting and casino games as the COVID-19 situation is not waning.
Another reason for online gambling’s popularity among Canadians is the convenience and ease of play. This time of the year brings adverse weather conditions, making travelling to land-based casinos a nuisance. Luckily, players can stay at home and fight against boredom, thanks to a growing number of online casinos. As a result, the changing online casino scene is becoming more user-friendly, reaching new levels of popularity in Canada.
Advantages of Joining an Online Casino in Canada
If you’re still on the fence about joining an online casino in Canada, despite their growing popularity, here are a few reasons to consider it.
- Players won’t need to invest a lot of time learning new games. Plus, many online casinos offer demo versions of popular games, allowing players to take their time and save money while getting accustomed to the playing environment.
- Like Mega casino Canada, top online casinos offer high levels of player protection. Players can rest assured they’re safe and secure.
- As long as players have an internet connection and a compatible device (laptop, computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), they can join their favourite platform and play games.
- Online casinos offer a wide range of games, unlike many land-based casinos. Players can choose from various categories, meaning there’s something for everyone.
- Numerous online casinos offer hefty bonuses and welcome promotions to players — something you won’t find in brick-and-mortar locations.
- Online casinos are regularly tested for fairness, enabling a hassle-free gaming environment.
- Socialising in online casinos is no longer a myth — players can meet new people and make friends through chat rooms.
Things You Should Know Before Joining an Online Casino
Naturally, you shouldn’t go into gambling blindly if you don’t have previous experience. To help you navigate this world, here are a few things you should know.
Read Reviews and User Experiences
Before joining an online gambling platform, check the site’s reviews. You’ll find plenty of reviews online, thanks to online casinos’ growing popularity. By checking out the users’ experiences, you’ll learn a lot about how an online casino conducts business and treats players. Information like the quality of service, security, safety, privacy, and more are of tremendous importance when joining an online platform for the first time.
Check Payment Options
Before making your first deposit, check the site’s payment options. You wouldn’t want to come across any issues when depositing and withdrawing funds. Make sure the site offers a variety of payment methods, so you can spin the reels on your favourite slot without worrying.
Check Payout Times
Another important thing to do is check the casino’s payout times. You wouldn’t want to be stuck waiting for your winnings for weeks. That’s why you should find out more about this on the site or contact the support centre for the correct info.