If you’ve been wanting to play Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Global on PlayStation platforms then Sega has good news for you.
The developer announced today that the game will be coming to PlayStation 4 in the west on August 31. The game is currently available on Xbox and PC. Even better news is that the game will have full Crossplay support on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC. You can learn more about the game below.
Players can play nine years of content in Phantasy Star Online 2 and join the newest entry to the series, Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.
- Free to play!
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments! Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it—no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models! Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine! Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you’ve never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities! Combine 2 types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with Phantasy Star Online 2! Move easily in-game between Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis and Phantasy Star Online 2.
- Cross-platform! PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 players can play together side by side.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is a new online action RPG game by SEGA. Set 1,000 years after the events of Phantasy Star Online 2, Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis takes place on Halpha, a planet on which ARKS (soldiers of the Oracle colony fleet in the Phantasy Star Online 2 series) are locked in a battle for dominance against the mysterious DOLLS.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis features new and improved action combat and character customization, allowing for more flexibility and expression than ever before. Choosing from four unique races and eight classes, players can join forces with other operatives to experience unforgettable battles and boss fights in brand new locales, with an emphasis on flowing, flashy mobility to conquer and explore sprawling open environments. Players will be able to do all of this with friends on both PC (Steam, Microsoft Store, Epic Games Store), Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 thanks to cross-platform play.
The global version of Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis includes fully localized text and character voices in English and will remain content current with the Japanese servers.
"PS4 when?" 🐤— Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis – Global (@play_pso2) July 1, 2022
We're happy to announce that #PSO2NGS Global is finally coming to @PlayStation! 💙🎮✨
Join the never-ending adventure in Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis on PS4, coming August 31st! 🎉 #AX2022 #AnimeExpo pic.twitter.com/jK6Qe6p68D