YouTuber Andrew Kenady and developer Morningstar Game Studio have announced that their new platformer C.A.R.L. (Computer Automated Resource Locator) will launch on consoles and PC on September 29.
C.A.R.L. is inspired by PC classics like Cave Story, Jazz Jackrabbit, and Speedy Eggbert and blends classic platformer action with quirky RPG and story elements. It will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on September 29. It will be priced at $14.99 but will have a first week discount on Switch and PC for $9.99 and $9.89.
Andrew Kenady is a well-known YouTuber – acclaimed for his deep dives on classic AND obscure video games. His retrospective videos have garnered a dedicated following of retro-game enthusiasts all over the globe. With C.A.R.L., Andrew is bringing that passion full-circle in partnership with Matt Bitner of Morningstar Game Studio.
- Classic 2D Platformer Gameplay: Hop, skip, and jump your way through clever gauntlets of platforming perfection!
- Challenging Puzzles: Doors! Switches! Levers! Things that go on and off! We’ve got ’em all.
- Tons of Secrets: Once you’ve upgraded your abilities, return to completed levels to find secret areas, hidden collectibles, and Easter eggs!
- Charming Narrative & Characters: Meet the residents of the D.U.M.P. and lean on them to help you on your quest! C.A.R.L. will need all the help he can get to uncover the secrets and inner workings of the facility.
- Original ‘Electro-Chiptune’ Soundtrack: Featuring 8-bit, DOS-era sound chip-inspired tracks that energize every step of C.A.R.L.’s journey.