Developer Broken Rules has announced that the Award winning game Gibbon: Beyond The Trees is launching on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on June 1.
Broken Rules is the same team behind the game Old Man’s Journey and Gibbon previously released on Nintendo Switch, PC, and Apple Arcade. The PlayStation versions will have cross-buy and some new features like Daily Runs, Encyclopedia and new game content. You can watch the new trailer and read more about the game below.
Swing into the life of a lost gibbon as they embark on a dangerous journey into unknown lands, with a narrative that captures the struggle of endangered creatures around the world. Master the ape’s art of brachiation (swinging from branch to branch) at high speed, building momentum, pulling off spectacular somersaults, and launching yourself higher and further into the air with the help of your fellow apes, feeling the thrill and exhilaration of life in an untamed jungle.
Gibbon: Beyond the Trees deals with challenging real world environmental issues, including deforestation, poaching and climate change that threatens the life of gibbons.
- Master free-flowing dynamic movement based on brachiation, the way real apes swing through the trees
- Build momentum through dazzlingly acrobatic jumps, including launching from another gibbon’s hands in mid air
- Experience the affecting tale of a family of gibbons trying to survive amid an encroaching human threat.
- Play through an hour long adventure in story mode, or race to freedom through a procedurally generated jungle in liberation mode.
- Stunning 2D hand painted visuals that breathe life into a rapidly vanishing world.
- Compete in the leaderboards and see how far you can swing, backflip and slide in Daily Run mode.
- Collect all encyclopedia entries and find out more about gibbons and their habitat.
- Explore varied environments, from the wild jungles of South-east Asia to the hectic human world beyond.