Bloober Team and Anshar Studios have announced the pricing and editions for Layers of Fear (2023).
The game will be available digitally for $29.99 for the standard edition and $34.99 for the deluxe edition. For those who already own Layers of Fear (2016) and/or Layers of Fear 2, you will get a 30% discount from June 15 to June 29. There will also be a 15% discount for everyone for the first week.
The culmination of many years and multiple games worth of hard work, nuanced horror and storytelling comes together in the crown jewel that is Layers of Fear (2023) on June 15th. To celebrate the franchises’ past and honor modern-day conventions, developers Bloober Team and Anshar Studios proudly present multiple ways for audiences old and new to experience horror, reimagined. First, the Standard Edition containing the base game will be released at $29.99. The most disquisitive player can enjoy the Deluxe edition for $34.99 USD, which includes a digital artbook and soundtrack by Arek Reikowski, a Hollywood Music in Media Awards nominee who previously scored other acclaimed Bloober Team titles including Blair Witch, Observer: System Redux and The Medium.
As a show of thanks for their support in the previous installments, the developers would like to humbly thank existing fans by offering a special, limited timed 30% discount for both the Standard and Deluxe Editions of Layers of Fear (2023). This veteran player discount will be eligible to anyone who has previously purchased either Layers of Fear (2016) or / and Layers of Fear 2, active from launch day (June 15th) through to June 29th, 2023 16:00 UTC.
Additionally, Bloober Team offers a 15% launch discount, available for a week for everyone.
In this definitive release, experience the events of the two main franchise titles, Layers of Fear (2016) and Layers of Fear 2 (2019), plus all previously released DLC. Additionally, two never before seen pieces of the story come together in The Final Note, a chapter conveying an alternative perspective on the events of the first game, and The Writer, a harrowing tale that weaves each entry into a tightly-knit narrative.
- The Ultimate Layers of Fear Experience – The series’s crowning work casts an overarching narrative over the entire franchise.
- Horror Reimagined – Everything in the Layers of Fear series melds together into a single experience, including all DLCs, so players can find all the answers they seek.
- Shocking New Looks – Enhanced with Unreal Engine 5’s improved technology. This version offers a more immersive horror experience with the addition of Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K resolution, and the Lumen system.
- Psychological Horror – A grim but gripping first-person psychedelic horror game focused on tense exploration, puzzle-solving, and immersive storytelling. Discover what lies in the depths of the human psyche with this mature, cathartic game.
- New tricks – New brand-new core mechanics that will be introduced to Layers of Fear and its sequel, as well as additional features, so all the chapters and stories will blend seamlessly
- Horror Through the Many Lenses of Art – Explore the depths of obsession with three different stories of craft-obsessed protagonists (The Painter, The Actor and The Writer) which are interwoven to create a truly immersive experience and gripping storyline
- Classical, Ominous Soundtrack – Hauntingly beautiful soundtrack composed by the highly-acclaimed musician Arek Reikowski. He has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game and will leave you on the edge of your seat